Friday, November 18, 2011

It's all about the weather!

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Marina Office to settle up as we were leaving early this morning. Enroute I ran across another Captain and he said I needed to check the latest weather report. Keep in mind the sun was out and it was 84 degrees with no wind at this time. I went back to the boat and turned on the NOAA weather report and heard there was a front heading this way with rain and 20 to 30 mph winds gusting to 40 mph out of the NE. In my mind I said NO WAY!

Jo Ann and I walked to dinner about 7:00 pm and on the way back it started sprinkling. By the time we got to the boat the sprinkles had turned into a down pour. Long story short, it rained all night, the wind picked up and as I write this we are bouncing around.
Needless to say we did not leave as planned but this weather is suppose to get better by tomorrow and we will be departing for Old Port Cove located on Lake Worth to anchor. Then on to Lighthouse Point Marina to see Jo Ann's Aunt and have Thanksgiving Dinner. We will probably be there for a week.  Just to let you know also we are 65 miles to my Aunt's and it will only takes us 2 days cruising.

Just a note about Cruising, we got a call from another couple we know that are MTOA members and they are anchored in Old Port Cove now so we will see them tomorrow night. We will be leaving our friends that we have been following up to now at Sunset Bay Marina. They have been a excellent teachers and have passed on to us cruising information it took them years to gather.
I think the rest of the world could learn a lot if they followed some of the leads from the cruising community.

PS- this is the bus that takes you to Wal-Mart and this is what the water looks like here maybe ice tea?  Happy week-end to everyone.
This posting is from the Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment